Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fasting...Its a slow process. Sept 18th


What is the purpose fasting? Cleansing the body, giving it total relaxation inside and out, spiritual enlightenment, clarity of mind, just to name a few.  In every age and season, fasting has always been used. Most hear it mentioned in the sacred writings and think nothing of it. The ancient Greeks, like Pythagoras, would not allow his students to obtain his instruction without first fasting for 40 days. There is a purpose, and it is worth investigating.

Heidi and I decided to start another 7 day fast on Oct 18th. The plan was to only intake water and the occasional fresh lime juice in water.  Last year around this time we scheduled our first 7 day fast. I fasted for 6.5 days, Heidi went for almost 4. We both felt amazing afterword and noticed significant positive results within our bodies.  For me it was mainly improved joints. Since my motorcycle crash back in 2001 I had pains in both knees and ankles when bent for long periods, after the fast the pains were gone, it was truly amazing.

Back to last week.  Since day 1 I have not been able to sleep more than maybe 3hrs per night. I simply do not feel tired, although I want to sleep. On the morning of day 5 I woke up with a headache, which is normal during fasting. Later around 11am I started feeling lots of pressure in the throat, and then I would start to gag. Eventually this led to me puking up some kind of brown slime, which after a few heaves turned into yellow. This lasted a couple hours, gag, puke, sit for a while, then repeat.  To my surprise after a small break in the puking I began to puke up black slime/fluid. This went on for hours off and on. Mucous from my nasal glands were also in overdrive. It was draining into my stomach and out my nose. My body was getting rid of years and years of toxic build up.  Late afternoon came and I got chronic hiccups. They were almost painful. Heidi ran to the internet cafĂ© to look up remedies and nothing seemed to stop them.  The hiccups lasted well into the night and next day, Day 6.  Every expert on fasting has always suggested that if vomiting starts, you should break the fast as soon as possible.  So Heidi went to get me a fresh papaya juice, unfortunately it didn’t stay down.  From Day 7 thru Day 10 the only thing I was able to keep down was a 6oz papaya juice and a couple small bites of bread and potato.  I then realized the puking wasn’t because of the food, it was the mucous running down my throat that was so thick it would make me gag, and then I’d puke it up.  So I didn’t try to eat anything at all, in fact I had no desire to eat. On Days 11 and 12 I was finally able to get some decent sleep.  I was able to eat small fresh fruits and veg with no problem. But at some point during the day I could feel the mucous coming and I’d gag again and only the mucous would come up.  Today is day 13 and all is cleared out, I feel like a million dollars and my energy is becoming very strong.  I also notice that my sense of smell is greatly increased.  As I gain my strength back I’m sure I’ll notice more things.  During this process I think I lost around 15-20lbs. Now that my cells have a fresh start I will treat them better.






Fasting and Eating for Health





The China Study. – This 20 year study will turn your world upside down.  The truth you cannot argue with.



The Gerson Institute. – A cancer treatment center, do your own research and you will be amazed. There are books as well is DVD's about this.
www.gerson.org





No comments:

Post a Comment