Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nephew-Chasing:)

On Monday, July 18th, my nephews were flying in from Texas!  Kale and I were so excited, and got up early to try calling them on their international cell phone.  I left a message on what sounded like a pretty generic recording, so I am still not sure whether or not I dialed the number correctly.  It didn't really matter to me at the time because I knew where they were headed, and I knew where they were having lunch:)

Kale and I jumped on our bikes, and headed to Windsor/Eton, which is where Austin and Conner, my nephews, were planning to be.  We rode a little over six miles before we arrived in Eton.





We rode across a small bridge into Windsor, which was such a beautiful little town.  I wanted to stay.  But we couldn't.  We were on a mission to try and find our sweet little nephews:)










After riding around Windsor for a bit, we decided to head to The Ostrich, which is where Austin and Conner were having lunch with their Grandparents.  It was about a two-mile ride to the restaurant.  We were so excited to see them! Once we got there and locked up our bikes, we went inside and tried to decide where we should wait for them.  We told the bartender that we were waiting for our nephews to get there with their grandparents, and she cried, "OH NO!"  Apparently, they had already been there, and had left to return to the airport.  We had missed them by about 30 minutes, according to the bartender.  We were sad.  But that is what happens when you are traveling on foot, or bike, I guess.  When we rode the six miles back to our flat, it started to rain.  Thank God we made it home before it really started to rain hard!  It rains EVERYDAY here, by the way.  I checked my emails once we settled in, and had an email from Austin letting me know they had tried calling us, and couldn't get through.  Sure enough, there were three messages on our answering machine from them.  Boooooo:(


No comments:

Post a Comment