Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Notting Hill

We spent our last day in London in Notting Hill.  I think that was our favorite part of the city. There is a very famous market there everyday called the Portobello Market that sells clothes, fruit, jewelry, shoes, and many other things that you don't know you need until you see them.  The Portobello Market is located on Portobello Street, which is lined with restaurants, cafes, antique shops, bars and clothing/shoe boutiques.  I loved it there.  There is even a vegetarian shoe store called Bourgeois Boheme whose motto is "fashion with compassion".






We stopped at a small cafe for a coffee and met some locals sitting outside.  We chatted with them for a while, and one of them told Kale and I that he was an excellent judge of character   , and he believes Kale and I will be celebrating our honeymoon for many years to come.  He was very sweet, but very talkative.  One patron even left because he wouldn't stop talking and she was trying to enjoy her book.  It was funny.

We walked by one of the fruit stands, and the most enormous avocado I have ever seen, stopped me in my tracks.  It was literally almost as long as my head... 

 This is me planking.  Planking is an activity that is characterized by lying on your stomach and holding your body as straight as possible in front of any given location.  Kale and I learned the art of planking from our 13 and 15-year-old nephews, and have taken a liking to the hobby...

 This is Kale on the "tube" or train back to Uxbridge.  Isn't he handsome?!

No comments:

Post a Comment